Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Maybe Baby Soon?

I had a very eventful Dr. appt this morning!

First up was the dreaded weigh-in. I gained 7 lbs in 7 days. What? Yes you read that correctly. My Dr. said that this is caused by my fluid retention, which has gotten pretty bad this week. My legs, ankles, feet and hands are all very swollen.

So then they checked my blood pressure, which was 139/88. Once it reaches 140/90 they start to worry about pre-eclampsia. She checked it again 15 minutes later and it was 135/80, which she said she was more comfortable with.

Baby still has a good amount of fluid to move around in, but when I mentioned I wasn't feeling the baby move as much, my Dr. had me do an NST. (Non-Stress Test) Basically they strapped a monitor onto my belly for 20 minutes and monitored the baby's heartrate (which looked great) as well as me, to check for any contractions. I was having mild contractions every 6-8 minutes or so, but nothing too painful. It's an achy, crampy feeling I've been having off and on for the past week. I got to watch on the monitor, and I noticed that whenever I had that feeling, the line went up to about a 3. The chart maxed out somewhere around 12-14, so I'm guessing the little "3's" I've been feeling are nothing compared to real contraction pain!

I am now 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced, which is good progress! My Dr. thinks I will go into labor very soon, probably within the next 1-2 days. But because my blood pressure was high and my water retention is getting worse, she went ahead and scheduled an induction for this Sunday morning. Now I just need to make sure I go into labor before then, because I really don't want to be induced! My Dr. suggested I start walking as much as possible to bring on contractions. Too bad it's pouring rain outside right now. Guess I'll have to walk in circles around my family room.

I can't believe this is finally happening! I will try to post again if anything major happens.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're going to have him on Saturday. I don't know why, but that's when I think you'll have him. Anyway, I hope he comes before Sunday to avoid the induction. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete