Tuesday, April 13, 2010

38-Week Abs

You too could have a 6-pack like mine in just 38 short weeks! All you have to do is get pregnant. =)

Ignore those weird little lines in the 3rd picture. I was leaning against my desk and it dented my skin. I swear they aren't stretch marks!

So there you go, bare belly shots! I figure at 38 weeks pregnant all modesty about my stomach has gone out the window.

I had my 38-week Dr. Appt yesterday, and going in to it, I was hoping for no signs of progress. I keep saying this baby needs to hold off until after we move, so I was hoping she'd check me and say "OH you've still got a ways to go". However, that was not the case.

I am 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and according to my Dr., my cervix has completely softened. What does all of this mean? Basically my body is beginning to prepare for labor. It doesn't mean anything will happen this week, but my body is changing in preparation for the big day. So while the numbers don't actually indicate when I'll go into labor, they still got me excited! I'm not ready for the baby to come today, but I'm glad that my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing. 1 cm down, 9 to go!

I still have not had any contractions. Not even Braxton-Hicks, which I've heard do not hurt, but just feel like your stomach is tightening. I kind of wish I could experience at least a couple "practice" contractions so that I'd have SOME kind of idea of what labor will feel like! Oh well, I guess I really can't complain about a lack of contractions.

A less exciting number was my weight gain. Up another 2 lbs, for a total of 28 lbs as of 38 weeks. Not terrible, I guess. The baby's heartbeat was a very loud and strong 150 bpm! My Dr. is estimating him at 6 and 3/4 lbs right now. He is growing quickly! (As if you couldn't tell by my belly shots)

WOW I can't believe things are moving so quickly. One of my goals for today is to pack my hospital bag. It's probably a good idea to have it all ready to go, just in case something happens this week. Any suggestions from moms out there of what to pack in my bag?

6 comments:

  1. Your belly looks so cute!
    For your hospital bag (things I am really happy I had):
    your own pillows in pillow cases that won't get confused with hospital pillow cases
    Nursing pillow (Boppy, etc)
    Roomy, comfy, dark colored undies and PJ pants
    Nursing tanks and/or sleep bras
    breast pads
    Lansinoh
    Slippers or spa socks
    Flip flops or other slip on shoes
    Sweats or similar to wear home you are going to be sore and anything other than loose clothing will be uncomfortable

    I hope that helps. I can't wait to be able to tell the DDC that it's your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! And I'm jealous about the no stretch marks. I "only" gained 30 lbs with both kids and still got them. Boo.

    And don't worry about the lack of progress. At 37 weeks with Shea, I was 3cm and they said I would probably go early. Annnnnd.... Nope. She was born right at 40 weeks.

    I second bringing your own clothes. I did that the 2nd time around and ditched the hospital gown not long after delivery. I was way more comfortable and it helped to not look/feel so haggard with all the visitors/photos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Your belly is way too cute...I hope I look as good as you at 38 weeks! You're so adorable :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots steph! so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a perfect pregnant belly!!! I can't believe he's almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pack your bag asap!! I went into labor exactly two weeks early! Your belly looks great!!

    ReplyDelete