Thursday, March 31, 2011

Climbing Mountains

I did something I've never done before this week. Indoor rock climbing! The women at my MOPS table got together Tuesday night for a "Mom's Night Out". I didn't think I'd be able to go but Adam got off work just in time and met me in the parking lot to take Ryan. I was so excited to try this and honestly wasn't nervous at all. Here I am before climbing up my first wall. (By the way, these walls are 40 feet tall!)Once I started up the first wall, something strange happened. I got REALLY scared. I'm not really afraid of heights but for some reason my nerves took over and I immediately wanted to get down.
But I kept going and made it to the top! After the first wall I found my courage and climbed 6 more walls. What a workout! I had to give up on one wall because my arms were trembling so badly.I love this last picture because you can actually see a muscle in my leg. Who knew I had calf muscles? Must be all that jazzercising I've been doing. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. You are looking great and very fit!!!! You should rock climb with Jessamy some time. We have a rock gym here in Livermore and Jessamy loves it. Even has the gear.

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, look at your calves. I would not even attempt to karate chop for fear of the leg sweep.
    Thanks for stopping by my fake party :)
    and for getting my book at MOPS. And reading it.

    ReplyDelete