Thursday, March 24, 2011

Discipline

I was reading "What to Expect the First Year" this week and it said that at 10 months of age your baby is ready to be disciplined. Now I'm not talking about anything too serious, but rather a gentle "NO" when they are getting into something dangerous, or removing them from a situation if they are being naughty.

While I still feel like Ryan is a bit young for discipline, I have noticed that he seems to be understanding more of what I am saying. So maybe he does have the ability to grasp the meaning behind the word "No".

But honestly, I'm finding that Ryan is just too darn cute to discipline! When he's doing something wrong I often say "No No No" and he will stop and look at me. He'll make an expression like this....and then he will continue doing the naughty thing. He knows! He knows he's being naughty and he thinks it's fun! Probably because I can't help but laugh at his silly face. But come on. How do you say no to this?

1 comment: