Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Germ-A-Phobes

Adam has been really sick with the flu since Friday. By the grace of God, Ryan and I are still healthy. (We also got flu shots and Adam did not. I think perhaps he has learned his lesson). So this means I have been a single parent these past few days, as I will not let Adam within a 5-foot radius of the baby. I am terrified of his germs. As a result, I have been spending 24 hours per day with Ryan, as opposed to my usual 23.5 hours. (I'm only half joking). Yes it has been hard to not have Adam's help, but I have really been enjoying my extra time with my sweet little boy.
He has been doing this weird smile lately where he scrunches his nose and purses his lips. My mom calls it his "prissy" look. I call it his stinky face.Of course he still does a lot of this:And every once in a while he gives me this:Ryan and I have been trying to get out of the house as much as possible lately to avoid the germs. We've visited my Grandma, ran lots of errands, and played with a new friend from MOPS (Hi Jessica!). However, I am starting to run out of ideas. What kind of activities can you do with a 10-month old? There is only so much grocery shopping a mom can do. And I really don't want to clean the bathroom. I'm thinking of organizing his closet, but that won't take long. Any ideas? We're bored!

3 comments:

  1. I love the priss face- we call Maeve's her stink face. Our babies are the cutest!

    And for activities - hmm. Handprint art? Try Ryan out on a new food? Take him to the library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I organized Ryan's room and gave him cow's milk for the first time! Pretty exciting stuff. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand making sure the baby doesn't get the virus. Seeing them sick is just so heart breaking and I am all for avoiding it by all means! Anyway, I love Ryan's prissy look, N does that face too. It's cute! We are also running out of things to do and are finding ourselves bored more and more. :O

    ReplyDelete