Friday, March 25, 2011

Foodie Friday: Fancy Pants Food

I love when simple ingredients come together to make a delicious, fancy restaurant-worthy meal. This week I made two Rachael Ray recipes in one night that both turned out delicious. They were Lemon Risotto and Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken. Both recipes were out of her "Look + Cook" cookbook. The only substitution I made was with the chicken. I didn't have orange marmalade, so instead I used some pomegranite juice I had on hand, and just reduced it a bit to get a thicker consistency. Here are the humble ingredients. (Rosemary and Mint were both from my backyard!)

The finished product, including roasted asparagus.
What it was supposed to look like, according to the cookbook. Pretty close!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy!! And how creative you were with your substitution. That takes guts!! And the real test, how did your non-foody husband like it?

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete