Friday, March 11, 2011

Foodie Friday: Low and Slow

I love my crock pot. Food that has been cooked at a low temperature for a long time just tastes really good and homey. This is what my crock pot looks like right now...filled with my Mom's Beef Stew.By 8am this morning my dinner for tonight was already cooking! But the thing is, this is the only recipe I use my crock pot for. I am in need of more low and slow recipes! Do you have any you can give me? (Bear in mind that Adam doesn't eat the following: pork, fruit, sour cream, ranch, cream cheese, mushrooms, wine-flavored foods, asian-flavored foods, sausage, meatloaf......)

2 comments:

  1. Does he like BBQ?! I do pork, but I think it would still be tasty with chicken:

    5 lbs meat (i think breasts would work best)
    14oz can broth (i use beef)
    1/2 bottle bbq sauce
    1 tsp liquid smoke

    salt and pepper the meat, place in slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. cook on low for 6-8 hours. remove from pot, shred with 2 forks. serve on buns with coleslaw. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum....and it was delicious! Thanks for letting us eat your dinner :o)

    Rhonda gave me a recipe for enchiladas...the chicken is cooked in the crock pot all day. I'll have to find it....I've been meaning to make it anyway!

    ReplyDelete