Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weighty Wednesday: Power Grains

I did pretty well this week in terms of meeting my goals. 4 Fruits and Veggies every day but one, and lunges and squats every day but one. However, my weight stayed the same! I actually lost 1/2 a pound, but I'm only counting whole numbers. Blah


Stats and Goals for Week 6:

Lbs Lost this Week: 0
Lbs Lost So Far: 14
Lbs Left to Lose: 16



Food Goal: I was thinking about some sort of sugar/dessert restriction goal, but is that really a smart goal for my birthday week? I don't think so. Instead, my goal is to replace one carbohydrate each day with a whole grain. For example, tonight we are having chicken and rice. Adam loves white rice so I'll make that for him but I will have brown rice instead. Whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat pasta and bread have more fiber in them, and are therefore more filling than white starchy foods.
Fitness Goal: As I continue to take walks every day with Ryan, I'd like to increase my speed. No more lazy walking. This week my 30 minute daily walks will be power walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment