Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fenu-What?

Fenugreek. It's the herb I have been instructed to start taking in order to increase my milk supply. I have to take it 3 times daily, 3 pills at a time. Yep, you did the math right. That's 9 pills a day! Add to that another herb to prevent plugged milk ducts 3 times daily, my prenatal vitamin, my fish oil supplement, my calcium/magnesium supplement.......I am now taking approximately 1, 482 pills per day.

At my appointment with the lactation consultant today I nursed Ryan for 45 minutes and he got a total of 2 oz from me. That's just not enough for my growing boy! (Who is now exactly 11 lbs). So we're still supplementing with 1 oz of Nutramigen formula at each feeding, at least until I can get my supply up to where it should be.
Ryan now tries to "help" us by holding the bottle.
Oh, and I'm still pumping to also help stimulate the milk supply. Whew!
I'm worth it, right Mommy?

No comments:

Post a Comment