Monday, June 14, 2010

So This is What a Happy Baby Does!

I thought the constant crying we've experienced the past few weeks was just normal baby behavior.

Wrong!

I assumed it was normal for a baby to barely sleep at night, and then rarely nap during the day.

Nope!

Ryan has been a different baby since Saturday. He takes naps during the day. He is content to just sit for 15-20 minutes at a time, looking around at things. He doesn't start crying immediately after being fed. He's calm!


I'm not totally convinced that a cow's milk allergy is the cause of all the mayhem in our house lately. It just seems like too simple of an answer. But so far, all signs point to that being the problem. Ever since I cut out dairy, Ryan has been happy!


I'm crossing my fingers and toes that things continue to improve!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I have known several people who had to cut out dairy while they were nursing... but I think all of their kids grew out of it as they got a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph! I'm so glad that things are getting better! I've been thinking about you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things have improved.

    Love you and hope you and Ryan are planning on coming to Aunt Jean's Birthday Tea on July 10th at my home. I even have a crib set up for baby. :)

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete