Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moooo

A little over a week ago I cut out all dairy from my diet at the suggestion of Ryan's Doctor. He thought it might be the cause of his extreme fussiness, and as I posted last week, things have improved dramatically! Ryan is happier and therefore so am I. So we are assuming that at least part of the problem is an allergy to cow's milk protein. Unfortunately, introducing this back into his diet before the age of 1 can result in even worse side effects.
What does that mean? No dairy for both Ryan and I until he is 1. (Or until I stop breastfeeding him...whichever comes first). That's right. No dairy for the next 10 months! Stop and think about everything you eat on a regular basis that contains dairy....milk, cheese, ice cream, butter, yogurt......That's a lot of good food! But if eliminating these foods from my diet makes Ryan a happy baby, I am more than willing to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment