Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer 2016 Bucket List

Well I'm still knee-deep in vomit over here. Sorry to be so gross. Lucas and Jenna seemed like they were feeling a little better last night, but then they proved me wrong in the middle of the night. This is a really nasty bug that just seems to linger. Adam is also sick, but so far I'm healthy. I'm praying I stay this way!

Tomorrow is Ryan's last day of school! He is really excited about the summer because he seems to think we're going to spend every day at the beach. Ha! I've been doing some brainstorming about the summer ahead of us. I'm ready to have something fun to look forward to! To be honest, I have very mixed emotions about the summer. I don't really love the lack of structure that summer brings. I like having a schedule, a plan, and knowing what comes next. And even when I do have fun things planned to do with my 3 kids, things rarely go smoothly. Lately it seems like everything is met with complaining, whining, fighting, etc. So yea, I'm a bit nervous about the next few months! It's going to be me and the 3 kids, all day every day. I need a plan!

Here is my rough idea of how I envision us spending our summer days:

7am-9am - Breakfast and outdoor exercise such as a walk, the park, or bike riding.

9am-11:30am - Errands or fun local activity/playdate.

11:30 - 12:00 - Lunch

12:00 - 2:00 - Jenna's nap and quiet time for boys (ha!)

2:00 - 4:00 - Wading Pool or Slip n Slide

4:00 - 6:00 - Indoor Play or TV

6:00 - 7:00 - Dinner

7:00 - 8:00 - Play, Baths, Bed

OK so obviously this is my IDEAL and not at all how things will actually go. I can dream, right?

Here is a little bucket list I put together of things we have planned this summer!

Day trips to Tahoe beach
Family trip (our plan is to stay in the Bay Area and do a few day drips from there)
Teaching boys to swim
Making ice cream and popsicles
VBS for boys in late June
4th of July visit from relatives
My birthday
Fountains splash pad/farmers market
Free Bowling with cousins
Anniversary Trip

Local friends....what else is there to do around here when it's blazing HOT? I need lots of ideas to keep us busy this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment