Sunday, January 1, 2012

Big Boy Room

Call it nesting. Call it whatever you want. I've been having a serious itch lately to clean and declutter my house. I hate looking around and seeing things piled up. I'm not naturally an unorganized person. But when things don't have a place to go, it's easy for things to get messy. I love the idea of "A place for everything, and everything in its place". It makes it so much easier to keep a house clean when you know where to put things!

Unfortunately, our house is seriously lacking in storage space. We are constantly rearranging things, but somehow not making things better. So my new plan is to toss or donate anything we do not use or need. You might even call it one of my New Year's Resolutions.











One of our projects during this past week was fixing up Ryan's new "Big Boy Room". For the past few months his toddler bed has been at the foot of our bed. His room was basically only used when I needed to change him. His closet was a mess, and there were toys stacked in the corner that he had outgrown.


So on Friday, Adam textured and painted Ryan's closet and installed a new closet organizer! Then on Saturday I packed away all of Ryan's baby clothes into two bins (to be brought out soon for his baby brother!), and organized all his baby toys on one side of the closet (to be brought out soon!). On Sunday Adam moved Ryan's old crib into our guest room (which will be the nursery for baby brother). He then transformed Ryan's room into a "Big Boy Room" by moving his toddler bed in there, along with a few other new things. We've been talking to Ryan about it for a while, trying to get him excited. Here are the before and after photos!


Before...everything taken out of the closet.


Ryan helped me organize.....


And after!

At first Ryan couldn't figure out where his bed had gone......But pretty soon we could tell he loved his new room!As far as sleeping goes....he definitely fought it tonight. Adam and I sat in his room and put him back in his bed over and over and over until he finally fell asleep. It took over an hour, but that's actually pretty typical of most nights. I hope and pray that Ryan's new "Big Boy Room" will be a fun place for him that he enjoys playing and sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment