Friday, January 27, 2012

Foodie Friday: Peanut Butter Balls

This week's dinner recipes were a bit lackluster. Ryan and I are both sick, so I stuck with easy meals based on pantry and freezer staples....pot roast, pizza, chicken sausage pasta, and one night of Pho takeout.




My recipe for you this week is one I made a few weeks ago. It is actually a really old recipe, back from when my older brother was in Kindergarten. Everyone in his class had to contribute a recipe to be compiled into a recipe book for the Moms. Here is a picture of the original recipe.
I remember eating these peanut butter balls as a little kid and loving them. They were so sweet and peanut buttery. Now that I look at the recipe as an adult, I see how nutritious they are! So I made them. And well, they definitely taste nutritious. I think the fact that I used whole wheat graham crackers contributes to that healthy taste. They're not bad, just don't expect them to taste like a dessert. Or to look pretty or appetizing.



Peanut Butter Balls


1 cup Peanut Butter


2/3 Cup Honey

1/2 Cup Powdered Milk


16 Graham Crackers (Preferably Whole Wheat) - Rolled into crumbs




-Combine all 4 ingredients. Roll into balls. Refrigerate until firm and enjoy!





(I warned you they aren't pretty)



Ryan, however, loves them! I usually give him one with breakfast or for an afternoon snack. I froze the leftovers and just pop one out each day and microwave for a few seconds to slightly soften.

1 comment: