Friday, January 6, 2012

17 Weeks Pregnant

It feels like this pregnancy is going by so quickly! Just a few weeks and I'll be halfway to meeting NullyBaby #2. Here is my belly as of today. I also had a routine appointment with my midwife today. Here are my stats:


Total Weight Gain: 11 lbs


Blood Pressure: 126/73


Baby's Heartrate: 130


We talked about many things, including my headaches. She suggested they may be caused by stress, and even commented that she could sense I was "on-edge". I'm going to have to make an effort to relax and not worry about things so much. I also know I need to drink more water, which may help relieve my headaches.


Overall I'm feeling okay. Just fed up with all these headaches. Oh, and incredibly tired. The first-trimester fatigue seems to have come back. By about 4pm each day I am just suddenly so tired that I want to lay on the couch and never get up. I'm hoping this passes soon, since it's hard to rest when your toddler is trying to climb on your head.

My appetite is as strong as ever. But I'm finally craving healthier foods. Salads and sandwiches are sounding great, but I'm still lacking in the fruit department. It rarely sounds appetizing. I made an awesome sandwich the other day with whole wheat bread, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomato, cucumber, and herbed cheese spread. It was so delicious that I had it for lunch 3 days in a row. I didn't even miss the lunchmeat!


I am disappointed that I'm still not feeling this little guy kick. I first felt Ryan kick just after 20 weeks. I'm hoping to feel this one sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment