Friday, January 20, 2012

Foodie Friday: The Food You Crave

I LOVE getting new cookbooks. I read through them like a novel, dog-earing the pages that contain recipes I want to try. Unfortunately cookbooks can be expensive. Last week a lightbulb went off in my head. I can check out cookbooks from the library! Here's what I got this week: I then proceeded to cook 5 recipes from this book. And all 5 were really good! Here's what we tried:





Sole with Vegetables in Foil Packets (Served over couscous)


Tuscan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables (served over her parmesan mashed potatoes)Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs in Spicy Tomato Sauce


Steak Tacos with Cucumber-Avocado Salsa (with homemade refried beans)


Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust (I used pie crust and used bacon in place of chicken)



Later this week I checked out Pioneer Woman's cookbook. This could be a dangerous book to cook from!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read through cookbooks too, but I mark my pages with post-it notes! On them I write the ingredients that I don't have normally, so it is easy to add to my grocery list :)

    That looks like a really yummy cookbook! Lately I have been reading the Looney Spoons Collection which I love because in addition to being yummy, the recipes are all healthy (and include the nutritional info!)

    ReplyDelete