Thursday, January 5, 2012

Homemade Fruit Leather


Yesterday I attempted to make my own fruit strips. Also known as fruit roll-ups or fruit leather. The recipe was incredibly easy, although I did run into a couple issues. But the ending result was pretty yummy! Ryan had absolutely no interest in helping me, but I bet older kids would love to help with this recipe.


Homemade Berry Fruit Leather

4 Cups Berries

2 Tbsp Honey
-Combine ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. I used frozen berries that I got for just a few bucks at Grocery Outlet (Bargain Market!).
-Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread berry mixture out onto sheet. (Make sure you spread evenly. I would recommend trying to make it thicker around the edges and thinner in the middle)
-Bake at 200 degrees for 4 hours. Mine took longer than 4 hours, so I'm thinking my mixture wasn't spread thin enough. My edges cooked faster than the center, so I had to peel it off in stages.




-Cool and peel off of parchment paper. Here is my tasty fruit leather!

It's good....not as sweet as the store-bought kind, but certainly much healthier! Be warned: it sticks to your teeth!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to reach my goals. I certainly liked reading all that is written on your website.Keep the aarticles coming. I loved it!
    Jagwire Racer DIY Brake and Derailleur K

    ReplyDelete