Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Goes in Must Come Out.....Right?

Ryan is becoming quite the foodie these days. He has a growing list of foods he has tried and loved:

Rice Cereal
Oatmeal
Banana Oatmeal
Banana
Pear
Apple
Sweet Potato
Green Beans
Peas
Butternut Squash
Ice Cream - Oops did I just say that? It was only one bite. Obviously he loved it.

He literally opens his mouth and lunges forward when he sees the spoon coming.

Avocado is the one food he's a little unsure about. If he's part of this family I'm sure he will learn to love it!

We are now feeding Ryan in his big boy highchair. Doesn't he look tiny in it?
Feeding Ryan all these foods has been really fun for me. The thing is, the input has changed his output. In other words, diaper-changing has become really really gross. Solid foods look pretty much the same going in and coming out, only grosser and smellier. Sorry, but it's true. And unfortunately Ryan's output has slowed down to once every 3-5 days. We're on day 4 right now and let's just say I'm dreading each diaper change.

Sorry if reading this was gross. But this is our life! Just be thankful I didn't post a picture of one of his dirty diapers.

3 comments:

  1. Maeve is still fighting me on food - the only thing she'll open her mouth for is pumpkin, and even that is unreliable. How long did it take Ryan to get good at it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His eagerness and interest in eating solids was there as soon as we started the rice cereal at 4 months. He would watch me eat and try to grab my utensils right out of my hands. His skill level at eating off of the spoon is still a work in progress. But he's an eager student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting! We will be starting Nadine with rice cereals this weekend. I too am already dreading the diaper changes now. Thanks for the heads up! He looks really adorable in his big boy chair! :)

    ReplyDelete