Thursday, October 7, 2010

My New Job Title

It is now official. I am a stay-at-home Mom. I have dreamed about this for a while but was never 100% sure it would be possible. But now here I am, staying home and taking care of Ryan full time!

Since late March I have been on maternity leave from my job in the finance/mutual fund world. I knew going back to work would be hard. Then I had Ryan. And discovered over the last couple months that returning to work wouldn't just be hard....it would be impossible. Ryan has been a challenging baby to say the least. And because he has been so needy, he and I have developed such a close bond over the past few months. It's like he is a part of me, and having someone else take care of him every day is unimaginable.

So we crunched some numbers and decided to give it a try. I'm not saying it's going to be easy. We're going to make sacrifices. But I know it will be worth it.

I do realize how blessed I am. I know that many moms would love to stay home with their children but simply cannot afford it. So while I may complain from time to time about Ryan's lack of sleep or his teething fussiness, I will never take this job for granted.

4 comments:

  1. Happy day! I love this job, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congrats, that's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Best job in the world! When you think about the cost of daycare, sometimes it PAYS to stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, congrats! I did the same. Money is very tight but it will be worth it in the end. I hope to stay a SAHM until she turns one (at least). Crossing my fingers that we can sustain this til she turns 1.

    ReplyDelete