Friday, August 20, 2010

Foodie Friday: AllRecipes

I try to plan my meals out at the beginning of the week. But by the time Friday rolls around I am often left with random leftovers from the week. We're too poor to order takeout every Friday, so I try my hardest to put together the leftovers into a delicious meal. My secret is http://www.allrecipes.com/

If you click on "ingredients", it allows you to type in the ingredients you want to use, as well as any ingredients you do not want to use. This morning I typed in "ricotta" and "bacon". Here is the recipe I chose from the results: Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta

Raw


Cooked


I had all the ingredients on hand, so it was perfect! On the side I made some whole wheat gnocchi, which I surprisingly bought from Cost Plus. Did you know they have all sorts of weird foods there from other countries? I have memories of going there as a child with my Dad before Christmas to buy stocking-stuffers for my mom. I'm just like her; we both like trying new and unique foods.

Anyways.......the point of this post is to tell you about AllRecipes. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment