Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What I Ate In A Day - 32 Weeks Pregnant

I haven't been eating that well lately. Between all the holidays and just being cooped up in the house so much, I've gotten lazy with my eating habits. I am surrounded by desserts and all I feel like doing is sitting on the couch in my pajamas and eating something yummy and fattening. I'm sure being pregnant has something to do with this! Unfortunately this is the point in my pregnancies when I tend to start gaining weight rapidly. I'm trying my best not to blow up like a balloon over the next couple months, while still keeping in mind that I'm pregnant and I have cravings and I am HUNGRY.

So I decided to kick off the week by documenting what I ate in a day. Sharing pictures of what goes in my mouth forces me to be more disciplined. Because how embarrassing would it be if I showed you a picture of 5 cookies and an entire can of chili covered in cheese? And that's just for lunch. Not that I ever ate that. Ahem.

One thing I've noticed with this pregnancy is that what I eat strongly affects how I feel. It's like everything is heightened with this pregnancy. If I eat too much sugar or carbs at lunchtime, I feel nauseous all afternoon and have zero energy. If I eat too much at dinner I lay in bed with indigestion and heartburn. On the days that I eat healthier I feel SO much better. I've never noticed it this much before. So with all that said, here is what I ate yesterday.

8:30am:

This was a late breakfast for me, but I was up most of the night with a sick Ryan, so I was moving slow in the morning. I started with coffee with a generous splash of cream. I also had oatmeal topped with blueberries, a little sliced banana, and crunchy peanut butter. I cooked 1/2 cup oats in 1 cup milk and took some out to serve to Jenna, so this is a little less than that.

1:00pm:

You can't see the lettuce but I promise there's a generous pile of red and green lettuce on the bottom. I topped my salad with cucumbers, radishes, 1 boiled egg, 3/4 of an avocado and some romano Caesar dressing. I also drank a Sparkling Ice essence of tangerine drink. It was a free item in my Safeway online order. I liked it because it was simply carbonated water and fruit essence. No weird fake sugars for me!

Immediately after lunch I was craving something sweet. I literally had the square of Ghiradelli chocolate in my hands, but then I decided to put it down and wait a few minutes. And my craving actually passed! (Or I got distracted by my sick child)

3:00pm:

I don't love these crackers by themselves, but they're great with sharp cheddar cheese. On the side I had a mandarin orange.

6:30pm:
This was a new recipe called One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies. It was delicious! It contained diced chicken breast, sun dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans, and pesto. I put mine over whole wheat thin spaghetti and topped it with parmesan. I really wanted to go back for a second bowl but I knew I'd just be uncomfortably full, so I didn't.

8:30pm:

I almost always have a snack before bed these days, and it's typically a bowl of cereal. I couldn't decide between yogurt or cereal, so I had both! That's a bowl of dry rice chex on the right. The greek yogurt is a new chocolate mocha flavor, and it basically tastes like dessert. I recently tried a Mexican Chocolate flavor of yogurt by Noosa and it was so so good. I couldn't find it at the store, so I got this instead.

Not every day is as balanced as this day, but I think I did a good job eating until I was full, rather than eating just to eat, or just because I'm pregnant. Now let's see if I can keep this up! How much do you give in to your cravings when you're pregnant?


No comments:

Post a Comment