Tuesday, January 31, 2017

36 Week Pregnancy Update

Ugh, these past few weeks have been rough! I really shouldn't complain, because I know things could be a lot worse. I'm just all of a sudden feeling really pregnant, if you know what I mean. The baby feels like he is really low, and I'm having lots of pelvic pain. My lower back pretty much aches all day. I'm having heartburn every evening and during the night. Bending over is really painful. I'm so tired all the time. I'm having lots of Braxton hicks contractions. My sciatic nerve on my left side is super painful. I'm having hot flashes and nausea. And I'm pretty sure the baby has internally bruised me, because it really hurts where he likes to rest his foot, near my belly button..
However, I'm healthy and the baby is healthy, and that is a blessing! Here are my stats from today's appointment.

Total Weight Gain: 35 lbs
Blood Pressure: 119/62

Because of all my aches, pains, and contractions, I was anxious to see how my body is progressing for labor. The nurse said I am only 1 cm dialated, which is a little surprising. It's not like I want to have this baby early, but my body just feels like it's getting so close.

I've been thinking a lot about labor lately. With Ryan I had an epidural. With Lucas I had a completely natural birth. And with Jenna my water broke so I was eventually induced and got an epidural right at the end. This time around I really really want to have another natural birth. Adam told me there's nothing I can really do to prepare for it, but I feel like so much of managing pain is mental. Because if I'm not feeling strong mentally, and reminding myself of the reasons why I want a natural birth, I will absolutely give in and accept pain medication. So I've been reading and watching Youtube videos about natural birth. I've got a lot of tips stored in my head for when the time comes, and I'm hoping I can remember them in the intense moments.

This week I plan on packing my hospital bag as well as overnight bags for the kids, in case they need them. Ryan was born 3 days late, Lucas was 4 days early, and Jenna was 7 days early. So if the pattern holds true, this baby won't make it to February 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment