I did this back during the summer...I listed 3 things about each of my 3 kids. Silly, funny, quirky, annoying or weird things. Just little things that I want to document and remember, because they're the type of things I will likely forget in the coming years. Here we go....3 more things before baby 4 is here!
RYAN (6 years, 9 months)
1. Ryan is currently missing one of his top front teeth. He has lost all 4 front teeth but one of the top ones hasn't grown back in. Just this week I started hearing a whistle when he talks. It's so cute! Especially because he doesn't seem to notice it. But whenever he says a word with an "s" in it, it comes out with a little whistle.
2. All of a sudden, Ryan is an artist! It seems like overnight he went from drawing stick figures to being able to draw better than me. He wakes up in the morning and starts drawing. He comes home from school and wants to draw. He draws and colors random things around the house. But he also draws original pictures, like a little girl named Jenna with a rainbow behind her, which he taped to his sister's door. So sweet!
3. Ryan's nails grow SO fast. I have to trim his toenails and fingernails at least every couple weeks, if not more often. It's weird because his brother and sister could easily go a month or two without needing a trim. But Ryan's toenails will start curling under if I don't stay on top of trimming them.
LUCAS (4 years, 8 months)
1. I recently got a dust buster (which I love, by the way!) and Lucas loves it. He fights with his siblings over who gets to use it. What makes it extra cute is that he calls it the "ghost buster".
2. Lucas loves mustangs and engines. We are in the market for a different car right now, and Lucas is adamant that we should buy a mustang. He also loves pointing out cars that have engines. Whenever a car has a cowl hood or just any sort of bump on top of the hood he yells at me that it's a car with an engine! I've tried explaining to him that ALL cars have engines, but he doesn't believe me.
3. Lucas NEVER comes out of his bed at night. Ryan and Jenna are constantly waking up and ending up in our bed. But Lucas? Never. Case in point: We all had a 24-hour stomach flu a few weeks ago. The night that Lucas got it, he threw up in his bed (a lot!), and simply moved to the other side of the bed and slept there the rest of the night. The poor guy didn't even think to come wake us up.
JENNA (2 years, 2 months)
2. Jenna only naps about 2/3 of the time now. Waaah! Some days she just refuses to fall asleep. She will scream for me, or just sit and sing and play. I really want her to nap until she is at least 3, but I've never had a child who did that, so I'm not holding out hope. It sure would be nice if she consistently napped for a while after the baby was born!
3. This is gross, but Jenna has developed an awful habit. She likes to stick her hands down the back of her diaper after she poops. She has done this a couple times when she was supposed to be napping. She also did it the other day while we were sitting on the couch watching a movie. In my defense, I had fallen asleep! But Adam was sitting right there and didn't notice. I woke up and it was all over her hands, her clothes, and even her face. Disgusting!