Monday, September 19, 2016

17 Weeks and Feeling Big

I wasn't going to post a pregnancy update this week, but I decided to after seeing how my belly popped out this week. What's funny is that I didn't gain any weight at all during the month of August. But over the last couple weeks I have suddenly become really hungry, and my tummy seems to have doubled overnight!
Another new symptom this month is sciatic pain. It is a shooting pain down through my lower back and hip, only on the left side. I had this same pain with Jenna but I remember it went away sometime during my second trimester. I'm hoping this passes quickly. It's usually okay if I stay up and moving, but if I sit or lay down for a while, it can be really painful to get up!

I attended a clothing swap with some friends last week and got some used (new to me) maternity clothes! It feels nice to wear clothes that stretch and allow me to breathe. I am officially too large for regular clothes.

I'm also pretty sure I'm feeling the baby move now. Every once in a while I'll feel a little sharp flutter and I'm almost positive it's the baby. We plan on sharing the gender with everyone soon, hopefully by next week!

1 comment: