Friday, September 23, 2016

10 Years of Marriage

Happy 10-Year Anniversary Adam! It's hard to believe we've been married that long. And yet it's easy to believe, since we've been together since we were 15 and 16!

It's also hard to believe that 10 years ago today our bags were packed for Hawaii. Man, doesn't Hawaii sound really nice right now??

Over the last 10 years we've lived in 3 different places, had (almost!) 4 kids, and very few fights.

Sometimes I think back to the boy you were at 16 and I can't help but laugh. You've gone from this spontaneous boy who got pulled over all the time in your Mustang.....to such a family man. You work hard every day and then come home and help me out with the kids. Life gets so crazy with work and kids that sometimes it's nice to think back....way back. Back to when it was just us. When I think about our life together I don't just think about our 10 years of marriage. I think about the 18 years of memories we share.

(This photo was taken the night we became boyfriend and girlfriend, at Adam's junior prom. April 18, 1998. When this photo was snapped he had already asked me to be his girlfriend, but I had told him I needed to think about it. So technically we weren't a couple yet. A few songs later I answered his question with a yes. And the rest is history!)


I love you so much Adam. I'm so thankful that God joined us together to share this life. Now let's plan a trip back to Hawaii, okay?

1 comment: