Friday, May 6, 2016

Trunk Club Review #2

In case you missed it, here is my Trunk Club Review #1. I've taken a little break from Stitch Fix to try out a similar service called Trunk Club. I didn't have the best luck with my first trunk, so I decided to give it another try. After all, there is no fee to receive a trunk, so what do I have to lose?

This trunk contained only 6 items: 2 pairs of capris, 1 pair of shoes, leggings, a dress, and a top.
Time got away from me and I just didn't get a chance to snap more than a couple photos this time.

I was sent a pair of white cropped pants as well as a black pair. Both were too big on me, so I sent them back. Next up were a pair of black wedges that were cute but too high and a bit uncomfortable. The top was just a basic striped top that looked too boyish for my taste. 0 for 4 so far!

Then there was this dress. ( I apologize for the awful pictures! Baby Jenna was NOT happy so I did the best I could.) This was a black maxi dress with pretty crochet detail along the top and back. It had a very high waistband that I find to be very flattering. It tightens under my chest and then floats away from my body, covering up my Mom tummy and hips. I loved everything about the dress, but ultimately felt like it was a bit too formal for my life. I want a maxi dress that I can just throw on and run around in with my kids. I could have kept this to wear to church, but the neckline was a bit too low for that. So I ended up returning this one, although I did love the way it felt and fit.
The last item I received was this pair of black leggings by HUE. They are the Ultra Wide Waistband style. I bought these exact leggings a couple years ago and wore the heck out of them. They are so comfy and they stay in place! If you've ever seen me in black leggings, these were them. Lately my pair has been looking pretty faded and I just discovered a hole in them. So these were a much needed replacement. A little boring, yes. But I'm so glad to have them.

Overall this trunk was a bit boring. Not much color, and only 6 items total. However, I'm sure I will try Trunk Club again sometime in the future because there is really no risk. I'd encourage you to try it at least once if you want the chance to experience having your own stylist. For now, I plan on going back to Stitch Fix and hopefully rediscovering my love for them! Let me know if you try either service!

Trunk Club referral: https://www.trunkclub.com/my/invite/LTRL4R
Stitch Fix referral: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832

No comments:

Post a Comment