Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Portion Control

Week 4 is over and it was an interesting week for my diet. I was trying to focus on portion control, but then I got sick. Most people lose their appetite when they're sick, but not this girl. I love to eat and food always sounds good to me. Ha! So I managed to photograph two days worth of food before I got sick. Too bad all these veggies didn't prevent me from getting sick! Here is what I ate:
 

Breakfast: Blueberries, Cottage Cheese, Coffee with a splash of whipping cream, and homemade Apple Cinnamon Granola. Recipe here.
 Lunch: A big salad with mixed greens, radishes, fets cheese, and a boiled egg. On the side I had two ak-mak crackers (did anyone else grow up eating these?), some cheese and a carbonated water.
Snack: A cutie! I also meant to grab a handful of cashews but got so busy with the kids I didn't get a chance.
Dinner: I was starving by dinner! I ate a big portion of Ragin Garlic Pork Stir-Fry (A freezer meal kit I made back in November), with a side of broccoli and cauliflower. Served with a glass of milk.
Snack: I made homemade whole wheat bread (recipe here) and I couldn't resist eating a slice after dinner with some butter. It was SO good I went back for a second slice.
 
Day 2 Breakfast: Slice of homemade bread with peanut butter, blueberries, grapefruit, and coffee with cream.
Lunch: Kale sautéed in butter and garlic, quinoa burger, and avocado and tomatoes in lemon juice. For the record, Adam told this looked like the most disgusting lunch ever. Too bad, it tasted great and was healthy for me!
These are the quinoa burgers I love from Trader Joe's. They've got a great southwestern flavor.
Afternoon snack: Half an apple (Ryan ate the other half).
I was feeling cold so I made a mug of this cinnamon tea Adam got me for Christmas.
 
 Dinner: Pan fried fish (sole), mashed potatoes (frozen from Thanksgiving!), salad, and raw veggies (cucumber, bell pepper, carrot) dipped in Caesar. I obviously didn't cook enough fish because I barely got any!
 Before bed the munchies struck and I ate a bowl of my homemade apple cinnamon granola with nonfat milk and a splash of cream. (I know I'm weird but I love a splash of cream on my cereal).
Whew, that was a lot of pictures! I think I did okay with portion control. I didn't go back for seconds like I used to do at dinner, so that was good. I'm happy to report I lost 2 more pounds this week!
 
Lbs Lost So Far: 12
Lbs Left To Lose: 19
 
I have now gone 4 whole weeks without any sort of dessert. I think it's time I added some back in to my diet because I'm feeling a little deprived! I bought a couple dark chocolate bars so I think I'm going to start treating myself to a little piece after dinner. I'm also going to allow myself one special dessert per week. Along with adding back dessert, I'm going to continue to drink lots of water, watch portion control, and eat lots of veggies. I'm hoping it all balances out this week and results in more weight lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment