Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Vegging Out

Week three of my diet is over and I ate so many vegetables!  My goal for this past week was to eat 3 servings of vegetables per day, and I accomplished this on 6 out of 7 days. I tried to mix it up and make some new vegetable recipes, but I tend to stick to the same veggies over and over. We eat steamed broccoli at least twice a week, and kale chips often make an appearance on our table. I did try 1 new recipe this week that my friend Andrea shared with me....carrots strips roasted in some yummy spices. They were good!
I also made a double serving of raw veggies mixed with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. This was my number one craving while pregnant with Jenna!
 Shredded Brussels sprouts cooked in butter and lots of garlic.
My favorite frozen veggies that we eat on occasion when I need something quick: Cauliflower Romanesco Basilic.
When I'm just making kale for myself to eat, I love sauteeing it in butter and adding a huge scoop of minced garlic. I could eat an entire head of kale like this every day.
So what did all this vegetable eating translate to on the scale? I lost 2 lbs this week! (I knew I wouldn't sustain a 4 lb loss per week for very long)
 
Lbs Lost So Far: 10
Lbs Left To Lose: 21
 
 
My goal for week 4 is being more aware of portion sizes. I had a couple nights this past week where I ate way too much and it made me feel kind of gross. So I plan on taking pictures of everything I eat for a day or two this week to help hold me accountable. If I have to share it on the internet I think it will force me to eat really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment