Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blurry

I had a little scare while at Target this morning. I was trying shoes on Ryan when all of a sudden my vision got really blurry. I blinked a few times and took some deep breaths but it didn't go away. After about a minute it did clear up, but I decided to leave the store and call Labor & Delivery. Luckily I was about 5 minutes from Kaiser, so I went in and they did a quick check of my vitals.

Baby's heartrate was good. My blood pressure was a little higher than usual (probably because the blurry vision scared me!) and there was a trace amount of protein in my urine. Unfortunately I also discovered that I have gained another 4 pounds in the last 4 days. Major water retention and swelling going on. Along with the blurred vision these are all initial signs of preeclampsia, which I developed during the 40th week of my first pregnancy.

I'm waiting on a few lab results, but hopeful that it was just dehydration that caused the blurred vision. There are so many reasons why I do not want to develop preeclampsia!

No comments:

Post a Comment