Thursday, May 3, 2012

35 Weeks

I had my 35-week appointment this morning with the midwife. Everything's looking good.

Total Weight Gain: 39 lbs
Blood Pressure: 118/68
Baby's Heartrate: Unknown

She asked about the baby's movements, and I mentioned that I've been feeling him very loooow. She reassured me that this was normal, particularly with 2nd pregnancies, and that with the baby being lower my "bones are coming apart". Well great, that sounds wonderful. I guess it's just my body's way of getting ready for labor. Still though, I don't love the idea of my bones falling apart.

She was able to feel the baby's head just by touching my stomach, so she's almost positive he's head-down at this point. My belly is measuring at 34 weeks, which could mean that my original due date of June 15th is more accurate. We'll just have to wait and see!

I asked if I should be concerned about my rapid weight gain. She basically said no. She asked what kind of milk I drink. Nonfat. Do I drink lots of juice? No. Do I eat a lot of potato chips or french fries? Rarely. OK, she said, then you're fine. My body is apparently doing what it's supposed to do. She did encourage me to walk at least 30 minutes every day, so I will try to make that a priority. It's hard when a certain little boy does not enjoy sitting in his stroller.


At my next appointment they will check to see if I am dilated yet. She said I can expect labor this time around to be shorter, which sounds good to me! I can't believe I'm getting so close to meeting my 2nd son!


No comments:

Post a Comment