Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jazzercise

I am officially a Jazzercise member! I met a great Christian woman at MOPS last week who teaches Jazzercise classes. I went and took a test class and loved it, so I signed up for 6 months. My plan is to go twice a week and see how that works. They have childcare there, literally 10 steps away from where I work out. So far Ryan has done okay. Fussed a little bit but ultimately lasted the entire hour I was there. Of course I worried about him the whole time, and found myself glancing over at the childcare door about a million times.

There is one thing I have learned so far, after attending 3 classes. I am completely uncoordinated. The class is broken into 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training. The cardio is broken down into "routines" that we do for about 5 or 6 minutes each. It seems to take me the entire 5 minutes to figure out the routine, and then suddenly we're switching to something else! It's like my arms and legs aren't talking to each other. I can only do one or the other. Oh well, hopefully I'll get better by the summer!

I am really thankful I am able to take this class because it gives me a little "me" time each week. The other bonus is that it may result in a little more weight loss and toning up. Since reaching my goal weight back in November, I have lost 6 more pounds. A few more wouldn't hurt!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE JAZZERCISE!! My body was sooo tight when I did it! And the time flies by because you're listening to good music and dancing!

    ReplyDelete