Friday, February 4, 2011

Foodie Friday: 7-Layer Dip

In honor of Superbowl Sunday, I am posting a fattening and salty recipe. I have no pictures of it, because I'm actually going to make it this Sunday to bring to a party. (So if you're going to the same Superbowl Party as us, now you know what to look forward to!)

I randomly found this picture on the internet. It should look something like this:I got this recipe from an old co-worker of mine. She would bring this 7-layer dip into the office every now and then, and everyone LOVED it. We would request her to make it all the time, and it was always gone by the end of the day. Just thinking about this dip is making me want to go back to work. OK not really. But seriously, this dip is good. My co-worker was kind enough to e-mail me the recipe. Here it is....enjoy!

The Best 7-Layer Dip

2 cans Refried Beans (fat-free)
1 pint Sour Cream (light or fat-free)
1 Pint Guacamole (8-12 oz)
12 oz Mexican Shredded Cheese (or cheddar)
1/2 Onion, diced
2-3 Tomatoes, diced
1/2 bunch Green Onions, diced
Olives (optional)

The ingredients are listed in order of bottom to top. Use a wide, round platter/bowl with sides on it. The key to keeping it pretty is to use separate spoons for the beans, sour cream and guacamole. For each layer, place a mound in the center and spread outwards. If a layer is too runny, let it set in the fridge for a few minutes before continuing.

Serve with chips (or baby carrots to make it healthier). Happy dipping!

1 comment: