Friday, February 25, 2011

Foodie Friday: Falafel

We had a big fat greek feast for dinner last night. I made falafel! Or as Adam called them, "cow patties".

I love greek food but Adam has never tried it. So I tried this recipe for Baked Falafel. They weren't quite the same as ones I've eaten in restaurants (I used to work near a Daphne's Greek Cafe). But I'm pretty sure this is because my version was baked and not fried. And pretty much anything tastes better fried, right?

I used my mini food processor to make the batter.

And then made 8 patties. I realize they are pretty ugly, but I promise they are tasty.

After baking for 20 minutes:
Stuffed in a toasted pita with tomato and lettuce, and smothered in Tzatziki sauce that I bought from Trader Joe's. Yum. I love Tzatziki sauce.On the side we had carrots and spicy hummus.And some leftover Israeli couscous.
I'm using the term "we" loosely. Adam took one bite and then ate cereal for dinner. Oh well. I really liked the falafel. I guess I'll have to make some man food for Adam tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you!! I love falafels. They looked delicious. I love tzatziki sauce too!! Better start Ryan on more adventurous eating while he's young so you'll have someone to share your love of "different" food! We did that with Jessamy and it worked.

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete