Monday, January 31, 2011

I Need a Shower

Once I became a Mom I quickly realized what a luxury it is to take a shower. In the beginning I was so busy taking care of Ryan all the time I barely had a chance to shower more than a couple times per week. Then I started to shower more often because I was able to put Ryan in his lamby seat with a toy. He would sit in it on the bathroom floor where I could see him. He would usually give me about 10 minutes to shower and dress.
However, he is no longer happy with this little setup. The lamby seat is too confining for him and he spends his entire time struggling to climb out. If I put him too close to our vanity he will open the drawer and then slam it shut on his little fingers.

If I move him away from it, he struggles to escape his lamby seat.Sometimes he is able to manuever himself so far out of his seat that he gets stuck hanging off the side. So I need to come up with a new solution to my shower dilemna. Where do you put your baby/young child while you shower? Our bathroom isn't big enough to fit his exersaucer, so that won't work. Any bright ideas?

3 comments:

  1. I have to do it while she sleeps now, since she developed total terror of the shower. I used to use the exersaucer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put her in her crib (crying) and listen to her scream as I shower. It's not ideal but sometimes a girl needs to shower (after running especially!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a fairly big bathroom so I put her in the pack and play with some toys. I have to have a shower every morning and I haven't missed one since she's been born. So thankful. :)

    ReplyDelete