Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sick as a Frog

Yep, Ryan and I are sick again! The last few days around here haven't been too fun. Lots of coughing, wiping noses (Ryan HATES this....how in the world do you wipe an 8-month old's snotty nose??) and being up all night. Ryan coughed so hard the other day that he threw up his breakfast all over me and his bedroom floor. Riley licked it up for me while I went to get a rag.

I'm feeling better today, but Ryan is still really snotty and has a wheezy cough. We took him to Kaiser this morning just to make sure his cough wasn't asthma. I had pretty bad asthma growing up, and I've heard it can be hereditary. Luckily the Dr. said his chest sounds good, but he does have a partial ear infection. No meds yet, we just need to watch to make sure he doesn't get worse.

Last night Adam made a late-night run to Target to buy a humidifier. He came home with the Crane Cool Mist Frog Humidifier. Pretty cute!

I think it helped Ryan to breathe better, but I still had to sit up in bed and prop him up. This is the part of parenting I really hate....seeing my son sick.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I hope that you guys feel better soon. And good move on the humidifier, it helped Nadine a lot when we were sick a couple of months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought about registering for one of those, but i wasn't sure.. maybe i should go back and get one!

    xo christina
    [littlewellies.com]

    ReplyDelete