Friday, January 28, 2011

Foodie Friday: Cleanse

On Sunday night I declared this a "healthy" week. I was talking to my sister on Saturday and she mentioned she was doing a cleansing diet where she was eating a lot of seaweed and raw garlic. So that's definitely not what we're eating in our house, but she inspired me to be a little healthier this week. Adam and I have been eating a lot of junk lately and I felt like our meals needed a little cleansing. More veggies and fruits, lean proteins, and whole grains. Here are a few of the meals we ate this week:
2 recipes from this book:
Lemony Lentil Soup with Greens (Ryan loved this soup!)
Salmon in Aromatic Tomato Sauce with Swiss Chard


And Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps! Recipe is here. I don't remember how I stumbled upon this recipe but I've made it a few times and Adam and I both like it. It really packs a punch of flavor, so it's great when served with the cold lettuce and some brown rice on the side. We also had potstickers.

Finally, to round out the week I made whole wheat brownies. Adam was so incredibly suspicious of them, since he knew I was on a health-kick this week. I had to convince him there was no tofu or beans in them before he would take a bite. We both really liked them! (You didn't think I would give up dessert this week, did you?)

1 comment: