Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

After being sick for what felt like forever, it was nice to enjoy the sunny weekend! Saturday I went with my parents and Ryan up to visit my sister's family.Samantha tried to get Ryan to take his first steps, but it didn't happen.

Sunday morning Adam and I collaborated on a nice fattening breakfast. Ryan had plain YoBaby yogurt, whole grain oatmeal, and apricot applesauce. Such a healthy guy.
After breakfast I took Ryan over to the local farmer's market. Here is my loot. I got kale, 2 bunches of radishes, 3 lemons, broccoli, golden chard, a grapefruit, day-old peasant bread, 1 dozen brown eggs, and brussel sprouts. All for only $12.

Sunday afternoon I attended the baby shower of my friend Laura (I've known her since Kindegarten!). Adam was on baby duty while I was at the party. I arrived home to this:

A sleeping baby!!
We ended the weekend on a high note. We used a gift card for BJ's and got food to go.
What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Yay, glad to hear that you are feeling better. Your weekend sounds fun and don't you just love farmer's markets? They are awesome! From the pics, it sure looks like Ryan is getting a lot bigger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ava looks SO much like you when you were little. She's your little mini-me. We ate lunch out both days. Saturday at Uncle Yu's. We had wanted to eat outside but it seemed to windy when we got there. I had crab salad!! Sunday we ate outside at Wente grill and split a mahi-mahi sandwich and onion rings. They make the best onion rings. So nice to eat outside!

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitten - Yes I ADORE going to the farmer's market. I'm go happy the weather is nice again so I can go!

    Aunt Susan - I've always said the same thing about Ava! MMM onion rings sound so good now. Wasn't it a beautiful weekend? I bet it was even nicer in Livermore than here in Newark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to come! It was a great party.

    ReplyDelete