Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Glimpses of Toddlerhood

Lately Ryan has been having mini tantrums. Nothing too terrible, but it just reminds me that toddlerhood is right around the corner.

It used to be that I could take anything away from him and he wouldn't mind. He would kind of be indifferent, like "hmmm wonder where that toy is floating away to".

Now if I take away something he wants, he looks at me and starts crying/whining/arching back/kicking legs. It's like he suddenly realized "hey Mommy took that away. Mean Mommy!"

He is so sensitive lately, that sometimes it feels like no matter what I do, he's going to get upset.....particularly if he is tired.
Here he is this morning shortly after waking up. Happy as can be! (ignore the bed hair)
But once I started changing him, he started chewing on his zipper and I had to take it away in order to get his sleep sack off. This was the result:I am not looking forward to toddlerhood.

PS: I love that Ryan's hair is getting long enough to result in "bed head". So cute!!

2 comments:

  1. The second picture could be Neely 9834753948 times a day. Lord help us in the next few months/years!!
    His bedhead is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am with yo. Nadine is so cranky lately, and she doesn't want to sleep or nap!

    ReplyDelete