Thursday, January 27, 2011

Napping - Dare I Say It?

Ryan is napping right now. In his crib. I'm almost afraid to type it, as if that will somehow jinx it and make him wake up. For the past week he has taken maybe 4 or 5 naps in his crib, typically around 40 minutes each. I'm so excited! Could this possibly last?

When Ryan falls asleep, either nursing or in his carseat, I have been getting up and laying him in his crib. Sometimes he wakes up, but lately he has been staying asleep more often than not. I really really really hope this lasts.
Nights are a different story. I still spend about 45 minutes getting him to sleep, usually around 8pm. Once he is in his crib he will sleep for 30 minutes and then like clockwork he wakes up. I put him back to sleep, either by nursing or rocking him, and then he wakes up a few more times before I give up and bring him in bed with us, usually by 11pm. He then tosses and turns and wakes up crying between 3 and 5 times per night until we're up for the day by 7:30.

I wish Ryan would sleep in his crib all night. But for now I'm elated about his napping. It's a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment