Monday, November 1, 2010

They're Coming!!

Our first Halloween in our new house brought with it many trick-or-treaters! I was entirely unprepared for how many candy-hungry children live in our neighborhood. I handed out 1 candy and 1 bag of halloween pretzels to each child (Adam totally thought we'd be egged for the pretzels, but I heard one little boy exclaim "Wow I got pretzels!").

Pretty soon our stash got low and I sent Adam out to the store for more candy. Then they started coming in groups of 10 and 15 kids. So I handed out only 1 piece per child. Then we ran out of candy and Adam still wasn't back so I gave out chocolate chip granola bars. Right as I was deciding between turning out the lights or handing out honey sticks, Adam arrived back at home with the 1 bag of candy left on Raley's shelves.

We took 1 minute out of the busy evening to take a family photo with our little monkey.
Did you get a lot of trick-or-treaters?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what you're planning for Holiday Cards this year, but read Kristy's blog. She's got a hook up for a sweet photo card deal. :)

    http://shewalks.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-november-that-means-i-can-use-word.html

    I've been following her blog for years. I feel like I know her, even though I don't. hahaha

    ReplyDelete