Friday, November 5, 2010

Foodie Friday: Kitchen Nightmares

I love to cook, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself a talented chef. I have had my fair share of kitchen mishaps. Last week I was roasting brussel sprouts when I heard a really loud noise come from the oven. The glass pan that I have used many times to roast foods in had exploded inside the oven. I actually took a picture but my camera ate it. Just imagine shards of glass everywhere, with a bunch of little burnt black sprouts in the middle. I was also baking a homemade pizza at the same time in the oven. Needless to say, it ended up being a Round Table night.

This week I was making spaghetti one night, which is my absolute favorite food. So simple yet so delicious. As I was cooking, I noticed I had some leftover tomato paste in the fridge. I got the bright idea that I could add it to my spaghetti sauce, and that way it wouldn't go to waste. Bad idea. It made the sauce, well, pasty. In fact it was so gross and pasty that neither of us could eat the spaghetti. We ended up eating cereal for dinner.
What stupid things have you done in the kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. I exploded my mother-in-law's pyrex measuring cup and got lemon meringue pie filling all over her stove. And seconds after it happened, their car pulled in the drive. I just stood there, apologizing and bawling. Worst kitchen accident so far!

    ReplyDelete