Friday, November 19, 2010

Foodie Friday: Squish Squash

I have had an Acorn Squash sitting on my counter for quite a while. I bought it at our local pumpkin patch and wanted to make something fun with it. I finally settled on a very fall-inspired recipe: Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash. Isn't it cute?

Unfortunately I was underwhelmed. The flavors were just a little bland, and the squash itself had almost zero taste. Maybe I let it sit on my counter too long?

Squash is one of those foods I really want to like. Do you know what I mean? I have tried eating it a number of different ways and have just never really loved it. There are certain foods that I truly want to like because I know they are healthy. But I just don't enjoy eating them. For me, these include foods like squash, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, and nuts. Interestingly enough, I also made a recipe this week using apples. Apple Chips! Unfortunately I burned them.

So how about you? Are there any foods that you wish you liked more because you know they are good for you? Do you avoid them or eat them? I am determined to find a squash recipe I love. (Besides butternut squash ravioli. Who doesn't like that?)

2 comments:

  1. Umm that would be seawood in it's many forms. Just can't seem to like that full of the sea taste. Blergh.

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that dish is bland, it looks so tasty from the photo! I will never touch an eggplant, not even with a ten foot pole. Hubby says its good, I just won't try it. Thank god its not one of those super healthy stuff. Other than that, I eat almost everything, healthy and unhealthy though I find myself loving the unhealthy food more, hehe. Oh, can I just share something? I will not, can not, eat pancakes. I don't know why, but I won't touch them either. Haha.

    ReplyDelete