Thursday, May 20, 2010

Confessions

So the other night I got drunk...
And somehow Ryan ended up sleeping on his stomach all night.

Just Kidding! I had you fooled there for a minute, didn't I?
In reality, I did drink a little bit of alcohol the other night, and I did let Ryan sleep on his tummy.
When we took the breastfeeding class at Kaiser, the lactation consultant mentioned that it is okay to drink a little bit of alcohol while breastfeeding. In fact, it can help the mother to relax, and in turn help her milk to come in faster. Well I've been a bit stressed out by Baby Ryan, so Adam convinced me to drink a little wine. I only had a few sips, so it didn't do anything to relax me. But it still felt a bit naughty.
I have discovered that Ryan loves to sleep on his tummy. We are told not to let babies sleep that way because it can cause SIDS. I do not let him sleep like this at night, but sometimes during the day I do let him nap on his tummy, as long as he is near me so that I can check on him regularly.
So there you go. Those are my 2 new mom confessions. What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny! You have such a cute little baby. When can I come meet him? I can come help you sometimes when you don't have Adam there to help you. I would love to come help you. Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessamy LOVED sleeping on her stomach, and she did so on her lamby. She used to nap during the day, but at night I did what your Grandma had told me to do, sometimes on her back, or propped with rolled little blankets on her side. But she learned to flip onto her stomach REALLY early and I'd go in there at night and she'd be on her stomach. Quite the little acrobat she was. And next time drink a whole glass!!!! Maybe then you'll relax.

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete