Thursday, January 4, 2018

Trunk Club Review #8

The last time I blogged about Trunk Club was back in September of 2016 when I was pregnant! (See it here). Since then I have used the service a few more times, but never found the time to do a full review. I love the concept of Trunk Club. Open communication with your stylist, and up to 15 items in your trunk. There is a $25 styling fee that gets credited towards any purchase you make, but it is free if you have a Nordstrom card. Free shipping both ways, and 5 days to try on your clothes and decide what to keep and what to return. The added bonus is that you schedule a UPS pickup and simply put your return items back on your porch back. So convenient for us Moms!

Referral link: https://www.trunkclub.com/referral/LTRL4R

So here is my Trunk Club review.....#8? My previous stylist moved departments, so when my new stylist Genevieve, reached out to me and asked if she could send me some items, I said sure! I specifically have been looking for some lighter wash jeans, so I asked for a few pairs of those. Here is what she sent.

(I snapped these photos inside my closet while Andrew took his 20-minute power nap.)

Yogini Lace-Up Hoodie by Puma
Seamless Ankle Skimmer Jeans by Wit & Wisdom
This sweatshirt was unexpected but fun! I love the look of the lace-up detail, and the olive green is a nice color. The 3/4 sleeve on the sweatshirt isn't necessarily practical, but gives a cool look to the outfit. Ultimately I feel like it's overpriced because of the brand name, so it's a no for me. I like paying for quality, and not necessarily a brand name.
These jeans are SOOOO comfy. They literally feel like leggings. They are soft and stretchy and thin, and would be great for the Spring. I put them on and thought OK we're done. These are the light wash jeans I've been searching for. But then I wore them around the house for an hour and found myself constantly tugging them back up. WHY do jeans always do this??

Utility Vest by Caslon
Side Slit Tee by BP
Verona Skinny Jeans by EVIDNT
I already own both a utility vest and a striped long sleeve tee, both from Stitch Fix. So these are obviously going back. And the jeans fit well but have too much distressing for my taste. This entire outfit was a NO.

Piri Faux Leather Saddle Bag by Sole Society
Haze Funnel Neck Sweatshirt by Alo
Donna High Waist Jeans by Kut from the Kloth
The purse is cute but I'm just not much of a purse girl. I find one I like and use it everyday until it falls apart, or until the season changes. Now, let's talk about this sweatshirt. Upon first glance, I didn't think I'd like it. I've never thought cream was my color. And it just looked kind of plain. But oh my goodness, it is so soft inside! I think it must be lined with fleece. It is so snuggly and cozy, I really didn't want to take it off! The sleeves have thumb holes, which is new to me but kind of nice! I don't know, is it too plain? Or is it a nice staple piece?
The jeans are not the light wash I was needing, but I love this darker wash! I own 2 pairs of denim skinny jeans, and they are both kind of an in-between denim color that I'm not crazy about. These are great. I'm going to wear them around the house and see if they stretch out.
 I love the overall look.
Next I tried the sweatshirt on with my darker bootcut jeans that I already own, along with my favorite pair of booties I got from Trunk Club a couple years ago. Looks nice, right? I feel like I look like a real grownup in this outfit. I'm undecided about both the jeans and the top. Both items I don't necessarily "need", but they feel like good staple pieces. What do you think? I don't own anything like them.

Fair Isle Sweater by Treasure & Bond
Charity High Waist Skinny Ankle Jeans by Treasure & Bond
I like the fair isle pattern. It just feels so wintery! However, the sleeves on this sweater are a bit baggy and I'm not in love with that style.
It is sooo soft and cozy though! But makes me look a little puffy though, so it's probably going back.
The jeans are a super high rise that feel comfortable but aren't necessarily flattering, especially from behind. For that reason alone I'll probably send them back.

So overall this was a great trunk! There were a few items I unexpectedly fell in love with, and I can't decide what to keep. Let me know if you decide to try Trunk Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment