Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Week of Dinners January 1-6

I don't know about you, but I feel like I didn't do a lot of cooking in December. I definitely ATE a lot. Especially cookies. But healthy homemade dinners? They were a little scarce. Obviously I fed my family every night but there's just something about the holiday season that makes cooking dinner so much harder. Am I right? So come January 1st, I was more than ready to try out some new recipes and get back in the kitchen. Here were our dinners from last week:

Monday: Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken, Whole Wheat Couscous, Steamed Veggies
I tried out a new recipe for lemon garlic chicken. Adam thought it was okay, but I loved the lemony sauce, especially on top of the couscous. Ryan and Jenna did love the chicken, so I'd call it a success! On the side I steamed cauliflower and carrots.

Tuesday: Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup, Salad
This was another tasty new recipe! This Stuffed Pepper Soup was delicious served over brown rice.  It was so good, in fact, that I forgot to snap a picture until I was halfway through dinner! On the side I had a small salad of romaine and cherry tomatoes.

Wednesday: Ranch Pork Tenderloin w/ Gravy, Potatoes, Roasted Veggies
This recipe for Ranch Pork Tenderloin was pretty good, but I think I've had tastier versions of pork tenderloin. The gravy was delicious though! On the side I made yellow potatoes for Adam and a sweet potato for myself. Then I blanched and sautéed some green beans and added in lots of garlic and cherry tomatoes. I don't like raw cherry tomatoes but when sautéed or roasted with garlic I think they're great.

Thursday: Egg Roll in a Bowl, Ramen Noodles, Fruit
This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe was another new one, although I've made something similar before. I basically cooked ground turkey with a bag of coleslaw mix and a bunch of Asian ingredients. On the side I cooked some brown rice ramen noodles I picked up at Costco last year. They're honestly not our favorite but I refuse to waste them! No veggies tonight....instead I just put out some grapes and mandarin oranges.

Friday: Salsa Chicken Tacos, Broccoli
Salsa chicken is one of our go-to recipes. It's just so easy! I put a few chicken breasts along with salsa and homemade taco seasoning in the crockpot. Set it on low for 7 hours, and voila! Spicy juicy chicken ready to stuff into taco shells, serve over rice, or even roll up inside enchiladas. I had mine topped with cheese, plain yogurt, and tomatoes. Again, I don't love the cherry tomatoes but they were ok in the tacos. I'm ready for it to be tomato season again! On the side we had some good old steamed broccoli.

Saturday: Turkey Burgers, Corn, Pickle
I'm not going to lie....I was tired of cooking by Saturday. But do you know how expensive it is to eat out with 4 kids? It's not something we can do every week, so I must keep cooking! I made this recipe for The Juciest Turkey Burger. And it was pretty darn juicy! (The secret is butter). I had no inspiration for side dishes, so I opened a can of corn. For some reason I failed to fix a vegetable. Oops! Jenna and I added pickles to our plates, but the boys don't like them.

I received the new Pioneer Woman cookbook for Christmas and I am anxious to try some of the recipes. I have only had time to crack it open once, but I plan on finding more time soon. I love looking through new cookbooks for ideas! What's for dinner at your house this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment