Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Year In Review

2017 was another great year for the Nullmeyer family! When I think back over the year, I would say it was a year of adjusting to being a family of 6. I have read a few other families' recaps of the year, and it leaves me feeling like we didn't do much. No big trips, no career changes, nothing terribly earth-shattering. But you know what? Taking care of 4 little kids is nothing to laugh at. It is difficult, but incredibly important work. Our year was filled with lots of little milestones. Lots of time spent at home, just being a family and raising our kids. Here is a little look back at the highlights from our year.

January

We completed some fun new additions to our playroom!
 I was heavily pregnant in January, and anticipating the arrival of baby Andrew!

February
These crazy kids were excited to meet their newest brother! I was getting anxious about having 4 kids ages 6 and under!
 At the end of the month we welcomed Andrew John Nullmeyer into the world!

March
Andrew spent a few days in the NICU, which was a tough time for all of us.
 But then he recovered and got to come home and meet his family!
 The month of March was spent getting to know Andrew, and adjusting to being a family of 6.

APRIL
In April we celebrated Easter
And Ryan turned 7!
MAY
Poor Ryan got himself a concussion in May.
 Lucas learned to ride a bike without training wheels.
 And we spent a lot of time outside enjoying the sunshine!

JUNE
In June we celebrated Lucas' 5th birthday!
And we spent a lot of time outside swimming, both at home and at my parents' house. (This is my favorite pic of the summer!)


JULY
Shayla came and spent the week of July 4th with us.
 And I turned the big 3-5!

AUGUST
In early August we returned from our trip to South Lake Tahoe. It wasn't glamorous or stress-free, but we made some great memories.
Later that month Ryan started 2nd Grade.
And Lucas started Kindergarten!

SEPTEMBER
In September we continued to spend a lot of time swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was HOT!
And I blogged about a Day In The Life here.

OCTOBER
On October 1st we threw a surprise birthday party for my sister.
 Visited the pumpkin patch.
 And had Andrew dedicated at church.
We also had batman, a bumblebee, and darth vader come to visit.


NOVEMBER
In November I finished my Whole30 diet and blogged about it here.

Little miss Jenna turned 3!
 And Adam's family came to visit for Thanksgiving.

DECEMBER
In December we celebrated the birth of Jesus.
 And we finished our year off with ice skating.

Look ahead to 2018, the word peace comes to mind. I want more peace in our household, and less fighting and arguing. One of my goals is for my big boys to become more independent and take on more responsibility in our family. I plan on getting Jenna fully potty-trained (she's 90% there!). And I NEED to sleep-train Andrew. I also want to start planning a little summer trip, because I love having those memories to look back on. I am excited to see what God has in store for us this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment