Sunday, January 28, 2018

Andrew: 11 Months

Happy 11 Month Birthday Andrew!
A few words to describe you at 11 months are: impatient, fussy, messy, playful, and loud!
It's so hard to believe that you will be 1 next month. It doesn't seem like we've been a family of 6 for that long. Wasn't I just pregnant? Wasn't I just in the NICU with you, as a tiny newborn? Wasn't I just up all hours of the night with you? Oh wait, that was just last night.

Obviously you are still a pretty bad sleeper. I won't repeat everything in this post, but basically you don't nap much and you sleep in bed next to me at night, waking up constantly to nurse. You have been sick with a cold this past week and you have actually been taking some great naps! When you wake up you have a completely different personality! Instead of whiny and clingy, you are happy and playful and really goofy. It's amazing what a little quality sleep can do for a baby.
You've got this perfect little curl along the back of your neck, but I have no plans to cut your hair soon. It is still super light blond, and I hope it stays that way.
You are a pretty good eater, but you definitely have your likes and dislikes. If I serve you something you don't like you will either throw it on the floor or shove it all to one side of your highchair tray. You love any type of meat or chicken, but dislike green beans and avocado. Unfortunately you are dealing with some ongoing constipation and I hate seeing you in pain, so I am trying to figure out some different foods to feed you.
You've developed a fear....of one of Jenna's dolls! She has an "alive" doll that moves her feet and talks, and the thing just creeps you out. You will sit and stare at her and then crawl over to me, sobbing in fear. Sorry, but it's kind of funny!
You took your first official unassisted steps this month, at 10 months and 12 days old. Since then you only take a few tentative steps every now and then. You're much quicker doing your crab crawl. (one foot and one knee).
Andrew, you are such a special little addition to our family and we love you so much. Happy 11 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment