Sunday, January 14, 2018

Exploring the American River

This afternoon we took a little family trip to the American River. There is a spot in Auburn (Or Foresthill?) where there is a really tall bridge called the Foresthill Bridge. It's actually the tallest bridge in California, at 730 feet.
We parked and headed out to explore.
We chose a calm spot by the river to skip rocks. There were other parts of the river with white rapids!
Just me and my blonde baby....

And my Minnie Mouse girl! Right after I took this picture she reached up and got her lollipop stuck in her hair. Ha!
What do you think Adam was telling Lucas? I'm guessing it was either "Don't jump in the water" or "Don't throw rocks at people".
Daddy taught everyone how to skip rocks.
I took a short video. Adam is so good at skipping rocks! I practiced a few times and actually skipped one once. In my defense, I was wearing Andrew.

After that we went on a little hike. After a while we turned around because it was getting really overcast and some people warned us the trail was about to get a lot steeper.

We drove over to the other side of the river. The trail going down to the water was much too steep for Jenna and myself, since I was still carrying Andrew. So we stayed behind while Adam took the boys down closer to the rapids. (Note to self....don't even try to take your 3yr old to the porta-potty while wearing your baby. It doesn't work).
 He took some great pictures!
It was a fun way to spend a few hours together as a family! What other local areas can you recommend for us to explore?

No comments:

Post a Comment