Friday, January 19, 2018

Dinners January 12-18

Here's another roundup of dinners from the Nullmeyer household! I'd love to hear what you all have been cooking lately.

Friday: Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup with Kale
This tortellini soup is on regular rotation around here in the Winter. I like that it's similar to chicken noodle soup, but the cheese tortellini gives it that extra cheesy flavor. And the veggies make it extra healthy. This is great with extra parmesan sprinkled on top.

Saturday: Chicken Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Supper, Bread, Fruit
This sheet pan supper was a winner! I used the spice mixture from this recipe, although I didn't have all the veggies on hand. I used Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage (I ate this while on the Whole30 and still love it, so it's a new favorite), bell peppers, and potatoes. The flavor was delicious, and just as tasty the next morning mixed with scrambled eggs. I also made a quick no-knead loaf of bread. Strawberries were on the table but I only got one before the kids ate them all.

Sunday: Taco Casserole, Chips and Guacamole
Adam took the boys out for a little "boys" dinner, so it was just me and the two littles eating this meal. I tried this new recipe called Cheesy Low-Carb Taco Casserole, and it honestly wasn't my favorite. It was a mixture of riced cauliflower, ground turkey, tomatoes, cheese, and taco seasonings. I went light on the cheese, so it wasn't super cheesy. Jenna wouldn't touch it, but Andrew loved it! On the side we had chips and guacamole.

Monday: Bean and Bacon Soup, Cheddar Biscuits, Cucumber
This Bean with Bacon Soup was a yummy Pioneer Woman recipe. It made such a huge batch that I've been eating bean soup for most of my lunches this week. On the side I made our favorite Whole Wheat Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits. The kids love them because they kind of taste like my homemade cheez-its. Jenna and I also had some cucumbers.

Tuesday: Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry over Quinoa, Raspberries
I made a quick stir-fry using up the veggies we had on hand, which included broccoli, carrots, and onions. I also cooked some chicken with it, and covered everything in hoison sauce and a little sesame oil. The kids had rice but I had mine over quinoa. Raspberries on the side because the kids love them!

Wednesday: Patty Melts, Fries, Southwestern Chopped Salad
I realize this is the ugliest looking patty melt ever, but it did taste good! It was just a burger I cooked up and topped with melted Havarti cheese. I had mine on rye bread. On the side I made frozen fries from Trader Joe's, as well as homemade sweet potato fries. I had the kids try both and they all liked the regular fries best. (To be honest, so did I!). I also served this salad from Trader Joe's that I love.

Thursday: Shrimpin Dippin Broth, Rice, Green Beans, Garlic Bread
This was definitely a special dinner for a Thursday night! Have you ever eaten at Bubba Gump's? They have an item on their menu called Shrimpin Dippin Broth that is fantastic. Many years ago I found a copycat recipe and I make it about once a year for Adam and I. You eat it over rice and it soaks up all the broth and it is just amazing. We had green beans on the side, and I made some quick garlic bread using whole grain sourdough. The kids basically ate rice for dinner, but that's ok. It almost felt like a date night for us! Except for the 4 loud kids......

I've got chicken cooking in the crockpot right now to make these tonight:

I feel like we ate some really good food this week! I'll likely keep it simple tomorrow night, and then I'll be back at it on Sunday, meal planning and grocery shopping for next week. Good thing I like food. Otherwise cooking for a family would feel like such a chore! What are you all eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment