Thursday, September 14, 2017

Day In The Life 9/13/17

6am: My alarm goes off and wakes up Andrew. I nurse him back to sleep while I think about what a rough night it was. Jenna woke up scared and spent a couple hours tossing and turning in our bed. Lucas was coughing a lot and I was worried about him. And Andrew was up about every 30 minutes. I need Adam to build the crib ASAP!

6:15: Andrew is back asleep so I creep out of bed and throw on some workout clothes. Adam has already left for work in the Bay Area and the kids are asleep, so I start my workout.
After about 15 minutes I have to stop and wake up the boys. Then I finish packing Lucas' lunch. Today he gets an applesauce pouch, yogurt tube, triscuits, and 3 mini homemade carrot applesauce muffins.

7:05 - The boys still haven't come downstairs. I go up to investigate and find them playing in their pajamas.
7:15 - I finally drag the boys downstairs. I found some organic Annie's poptarts at Grocery Outlet and bought them for fun. My kids have never had poptarts but at this point, I'm happy whenever they try something new, even if it isn't super healthy. The boys both took a bite. Lucas liked it and Ryan gave it a sideways thumb. Neither boy ate more than 1 bite.
 Luckily Jenna is a little garbage disposal and she will often eat their leftovers!
Andrew woke up just before my Dad arrived to take the boys to school. Now that my parents live up here he helps out with school drop off and pick up, and it is such a big help,
8:00 - I eat a quick breakfast of cottage cheese and fresh pineapple. Then I do the last 10 minutes of my leg workout. Next I let Jenna watch Paw Patrol while I head upstairs with Andrew. I nurse him, change him, and then start on cleaning the bedrooms. I start on the master bedroom, then pick up Jenna's room, the boys' room, and the playroom. I'm not doing a super deep cleaning, but just making beds and picking stuff up off the floors. Between the rooms I discover 6 dirty sippy cups and 2 bowls. Andrew sits and watches.
9:00 - My legs are SO sore from Monday's workout, and today's only made it worse. I decide a little walk might help, so I put Jenna and Andrew in the double stroller. I discover a pair of baby shoes that Jenna picked up at Marshall's last week. I didn't realize she put them in the stroller and caused us to steal them. Oops! Guess we'll be making a trip back to Marshall's. They're pretty cute but I'm not paying $30 for baby shoes!
Our walk is nice and leisurely today. I chat with out neighbors and they offer me a free push tricycle! We see Lucas out on his playground at recess. I love being close enough to spy on my boys like this. Looks like his friend is doing all the hard work while Lucas sits in the back wagon!
10:00 - Back at home I put Andrew is his swing for a nap. I get to work on the dishes and picking up toys downstairs. I made cheezit dough the night before, so I roll it out and put it in the oven. I use this recipe but use whole wheat flour. https://www.browneyedbaker.com/homemade-cheez-its/

10:30 - Andrew is awake and mad! I distract him with some cheerios while I finish up a few things.
11:00 - My sister stops by with her two youngest girls. I take a quick shower while she holds Andrew. The girls do lots of little girl things.
After my shower I apply my new primal pit paste. I've been reading a lot of bad things about normal deodorant so I decided to try this out. So far it works great!
 We pack up lunches for the little girls....
And meet my nephew Josh and niece Samantha for lunch! I am treating Samantha to a birthday lunch and we ended up making it a whole family affair. We go to Zest, a vegan restaurant in Rocklin. I order the Chipotle Tacos and Mint Limeade and it is great!
 A couple hours later the boys come home from school and get a little playtime with the cousins.
3:00 - Everyone leaves and I take Andrew upstairs to nurse him. I let Jenna watch TV while the boys play school games on the computer. A box arrives on my doorstep and I open it up after feeding the baby.
I know, I know...another clothing subscription service! I heard about Trendsend recently from a friend and decided to give it a try. Why? Because there is no styling fee! You are literally charged $1 to have 2-3 complete outfits sent to you. The company is geared towards Moms and there are all sorts of cute Mom quotes on the packaging.
You have 5 days to decide what you are keeping. Like Stitch Fix, you have a prepaid bag to ship everything else back in. Easy peasy!
Here are my 3 outfits. Everything was very much my style, so I'll have to consider the fit and prices to decide if I'm keeping anything.
I throw on one outfit really quickly. Have you ever tried Trendsend?
https://www.trendsend.com/?referral=9rp5Zr4WgES
4:00 - Back downstairs it is time to start homework while Andrew takes a 30-minute nap.
We manage to get through homework with only one thrown object and one broken pencil. Jenna wants ALL my attention at this point but I need to help the boys. She gets really upset.
Next it is time to read the boys' library books. We read this book called Knuffle Bunny and the boys literally make me read this page 10 times. They are cracking up at the weird words!
 5:00 - We spend a little time playing in the backyard. It is nice and breezy!
 Andrew gets his first turn in the swing! He doesn't really like it.
6:00 - Dinnertime! We all have an assortment of leftovers. Jenna and I eat leftover spaghetti and broccoli. Ryan eats a leftover hamburger and kale chips. Lucas eats kale chips. Andrew eats mushy green beans mixed with brown rice.
After dinner Jenna needs a serious bath. This girl does NOT know how to eat spaghetti without making an enormous mess. I get brave (dumb) and let the boys join her. It does not end well. Lucas flips out and drenches our bathroom. I ended up having to lock myself and the other kids in Jenna's room until he calms down.
While all this was happening, Andrew pretty much does this. If I'm not holding him, he is crying. After everyone has on their jammies we read books in Jenna's room. She is really tired and falls asleep easily.
Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the boys. They are nuts. Especially Lucas. I put them in their beds at around 7:45pm but they are way too riled up to sleep. Let's just say there is a lot of yelling and taking away of privileges. I apologize if you walked by our windows last night! Poor Andrew just wants to nurse and go to sleep, but it is impossible with the way the boys are behaving.

8:45 - Hallelujah, Adam is home! I get Andrew to sleep and then head downstairs to clean up dinner, pack lunches, blog, and watch part of Big Brother, in between Andrew's wake-ups. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment